1995 Ford Taurus ignition

BOB GIAMPIETRO
  • 1995 FORD TAURUS
1995 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive 124693 miles

putting in a new ignition switch, it has 4 connections. Where do I hook the ignition wire to on the car. Also do I hook the starter wire to the hot connection on the starter. Sorry I have no money left. I:m a disabled vet. I get a check on 1st. Please help
Saturday, December 6th, 2008 AT 11:01 AM

BMRFIXIT
Hi Bob
ignition switch wiring harness should plug in
it has a bolt in middle of the connector plug

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_Graphic1_112.jpg

IGNITION SWITCH
1.Test for continuity between specified terminals with switch in each position. See Fig. If continuity is not as specified, or is poor in any switch position, replace ignition switch.

2.Continuity should exist between terminals B5 and I1 with switch in START and RUN positions only. Continuity should not exist for all other switch positions.
3.Continuity should exist between terminals B5 and A1 with switch in ACC position only. Continuity should not exist for any other switch position.
4.Continuity should exist between terminals A1 and B1 with switch in RUN position only. Continuity should not exist for any other switch position.
5.Continuity should exist between terminals A2 and B2 with switch in RUN position only. Continuity should not exist for any other switch position.
6.Continuity should exist between terminals A3 and B3 with switch in RUN position only. Continuity should not exist for any other switch position.
7.Continuity should exist between terminals A4 and B4 with switch in RUN position only. Continuity should not exist for any other switch position.

let me know what you are trying to do
Monday, December 8th, 2008 AT 6:51 AM