1993 Ford Taurus won't start

BUGYDOG
  • 1993 FORD TAURUS
PLEASE HELP! I'M A WOMEN IN DIRE DISTRESS! MY 1993 FORD TAURUS 3.0 122,000 MILES IS DEAD AND I DON'T HAVE ALOT OF MONEY AND AM STRANDED! I WAS DRIVING HOME AND THE CAR ACTED LIKE IT WAS NOT GETTING GAS IT WOULD NOT PICK UP SPEED.I PARKED THEN WHEN I TRIED TO START THE CAR ABOUT ONE HOUR LATER IT WOULD NOT START. IT CRANKS OVER BUT WON'T START.I AM GETTING LOTS OF FIRE POWER, ACTS LIKE IT'S NOT GETTING GAS, FILTERS ARE ALL CLEAR, PUT ON A USED FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR AND CAR DID START FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN DIED AGAIN. I BOUGHT A NEW FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR PUT IT ON, CAR WONT START. ALSO PUT ON NEW "BLACK ELECTRIC BOX THAT SITS ATOP THE RADIATOR"PLEASE HELP ANY AND ALL INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! I HAVE TODAY TO TRY TO FIX IT OR I MAY EVEN LOSE MY JOB! I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME AND ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER ME, THANKS AGAIN. P.S. I ALSO PUT NEW SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES IN, AND THEY HAD ME PUSH THE GAS PEDAL WHILE THEY LOOKED UNDER THE HOOD TO SEE IF GAS WAS COMING THROUGH THERE AND IT WAS, IT SHOT OUT! ALSO MADE SURE THAT THE FUEL SHUT OFF SWITCH WAS NOT TRIGGERED, IT IS SET.
Sunday, August 26th, 2007 AT 8:32 AM

BLM
It sounds like either the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay. If it's the relay, then the repair will cost about $10. If it's the fuel pump, it will be between $500 and $700.

Get a Haynes book, and it will help you locate the relay. There are usually a few others that look alike, so if you want, you can swap them. Better yet, just buy a new one and see if it works. If not, then at least you didn't waste any money.
Wednesday, September 26th, 2007 AT 9:53 PM