Ranger 1998 Ford Heater controls

01TIGHE
  • 1998 FORD RANGER
I have a 98 ranger 2.5L that only blows hot air> the control dial has no effect on the temp. Can you help?
Thursday, September 21st, 2006 AT 11:06 AM

LOSTONE
I have a 96 Ranger with similar problem. My temperature switch seems to have only 2 settings, cold and hot. It doesn't matter what the selector knob is set to (ie. Non-AC setting), if I turn the temp switch to the blue area (cold), I get AC air (not just cold air from outside, but AC air). Recently, it has started acting even goofier. The only way to get AC air is in the "Max AC" setting. All other settings give me heat, regardless of the temperature switches setting. Have you had any luck figuring out your problem? It might help me figure out what's wrong with my truck.
+1
Saturday, October 21st, 2006 AT 1:03 AM
CMARMCGHEE
If you find out the prob can you let me know I have the same problem with a 1996 ranger.
Wednesday, October 25th, 2006 AT 5:19 PM
TODD
I have a 98 Ranger with the same problem.

I am attemptiong to fix mine this way. Almost got it, just needs a little tweeking as to where to put the pin.

Todd
Monday, November 27th, 2006 AT 12:32 PM
FREEDOM33
Thank you so much for the step by step. One final question, can I drive this vehicle until I find the time to attempt to fix it?
Thursday, November 30th, 2006 AT 11:58 PM
TODD
Sure, drive away. Mine's been unplugged while I have been trying to fix it (still trying to find the perfect place for the "pin" and no time to do it). Since that piece is broke on the blend door it doesn't matter whether or the accuator it is plugged in or not. Everything in mine is the same as it would be if it were plugged in.
Friday, December 1st, 2006 AT 7:24 AM