ENGINE TURNS OVER BUT WILL NOT START

Ford Ranger

joejoepepie

February, 17, 2007 AT 10:58 PM

I have a 1987 ford ranger 2.3l efi. It was running fine and just stopped. It will not hit a lick. I checked the spark and a nice blue streak. Checked the fuel and replaced the fuel filter, low volume fuel pump, and the pressure regulator. Checked the timing and the timing belt both are where they are supposed to be. Changed the spark plugs. Had the control module checked it's o.K. Changed the coil. Checked the rotor button and cap, they are o.K. Made sure the distributor is tuning. Checked the pulse on the injectors and they are pulsing. Just not sure what to check next. Can you help me? I'm going nuts and broke tring to get my truck running again. Thank you for anything you can help me with.

kin chan

February, 18, 2007 AT 6:08 AM

Try spraying starting fluid or flow propane to a vacuum outlet. If the engine turn over. Is a fuel ctrl problem. Also start chking compression and oil level.
Could have been diluted oil that drop compression pressure. Send me an email so I can follow up

SirGibby

February, 21, 2007 AT 2:36 AM

I had an Subaru that had that same type of problem, Would turn no start. Good spark and all that. I was out of ideas so I took it in. They replaced the exhuast gasket. Or the intake gasket. Basically it wasn't able to get enough compression. Therefore. It didn't run.

February, 21, 2007 AT 5:03 AM

Recheck the pump's volume and pressure its a critical thing on EFI system

NOS

February, 21, 2007 AT 3:34 PM

Sounds like a control module,check for spark or timing belt to me could be either one or maybe a fuel related problem but i would. also check for good grounds at the battery. 8) NOS

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/10147_0304_resize_2.jpg

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right