Misfire

FLETCHONE
  • 2000 FORD RANGER

2000 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 85048 miles

I had a slight skip when driving. I replaced plugs and the skip was still there. I replaced wires and the skip is worse and misses on idle.? Help !

Thursday, August 12th, 2010 AT 12:49 PM

Engine running rough or misfiring can be caused by the following:

Defective spark plug
Inadequate spark/coil, defective spark plug wire.
False air leakage.
Faulty fuel injectors.
Insufficient fuel pressure.
Contaminated fuel.
EGR valve that is leaking.
Oxygen sensors.
Throttle position sensor.
Idle air control valve.

Thursday, August 12th, 2010 AT 5:01 PM
BRUEN1957

2000 ford ranger has a very temporary mis in it when first starting but not as long as it did before I replaced plugs and wires. When missing I can smell a little fuel for a second making me think its not an injector but ignition so I'm leaning towards a coil pack. Runs great all other times with 213000 on her. Any advice?

Saturday, April 15th, 2017 AT 10:46 AM
KENT MARTIN
  • 2000 FORD RANGER
  • MERGED

2000 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 75K miles

Engine misses at Idle and low RPM (<10 mph). Once moving 2000 RPM miss seems to stop, but returns when idleing down.

Ford change intake manifold gasket at $$00.00 plus and miss came back.

Local Mechanic said the computer under the dask was bad and ordered one from Ford for 700.00. Ford didn't know how to program so we cancelled order.

Lost?

Kent Martin
Ruidoso, NM

Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 4:15 PM
2CARPROS KEN
  • MERGED

Ford had problems with fuel injectors that would effect the idle. Unfortunately there is no easy way of testing them for that problem. You may have to replace them.

Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 4:15 PM
SCRAPPY52
  • MERGED

I replaced the #1 injector lastnight and it didn't fix the problem the computer, every time the engine light comes on tells me its bank 1. But it could be another injector and it would show up in codes?

Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 4:15 PM
JEFF CLARK2
  • 2000 FORD RANGER
  • MERGED

Replaced injectors and started engine ran smooth, then stated popping and condensation coming out tail pipe and very ruff idle. Did start looking into it very deep yet, but narrowed the misfire on four, five and six? Unhooked harness to replace valve cover gaskets thanking one of the injectors is shorted and I unhooked battery during the time. I replaced everything do I need to reset the computer.

Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 4:15 PM
  • MERGED

Scan for codes first and check fuel pressure with a gauge auto parts rent it. but for misfires it is better for a mechanic to diagnose as it can be a myriad of things so you do not waste money on parts that may not be anything wrong with them. See link.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 4:15 PM
  • 2000 FORD RANGER
  • MERGED

Ranger has a 3.0 flex fuel the number 1 cylinder is misfireing only at idle if you rev the enging it quits misfireing can someone help please!

Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 4:15 PM
  • MERGED

Have you tried replacing the spark plugs? Have you checked fuel pump pressure? Have you checked plug wires? Compression?

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 4:15 PM