Fuel pump connector

FWORKMAN
  • 1993 FORD RANGER
Six cylinder two wheel drive manual.

I just recently received the truck listed above it has a 3.0 liter engine. Someone has done not so good work on the vehicle, and I want to get back up to spec. Anyway, I had to replace the fuel pump connector, however the new connector is not color coded with the original harness. It is a 4 pin connector, and I know what each wire is associated with, but, do not know the position. I have asked some friends at the dealership, but, regretfully their manuals do not have the connector diagram, and, the schematic is not helpful. Could you please give me the color code wire position for this connector?
Thursday, July 8th, 2010 AT 10:35 AM

INTERNETMECHANIC
I found this information (below). As far as the connector, I do not think you can wire it wrong. Whatever color wire is on the outside left of the old connector, place it in the same position on the new connector and so on.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/512072_ranger_fuel_pump_2.jpg

Thursday, July 8th, 2010 AT 1:13 PM
FWORKMAN
Thanks for the reply, but, I have the schematic. The problem lies in the fact that the old connector was gone, and I have no idea what wire went in what position. That is why I am asking for the color code and position they went to.
+3
Thursday, July 8th, 2010 AT 2:20 PM
INTERNETMECHANIC
The wiring diagram gives you the wire color. And the voltage. Pink wire with black tracer is voltage for pump motor. Black wire is ground for pump motor. Yellow wire with white tracer is voltage for sending unit, fuel gauge. Black wire with yellow tracer is ground for sending unit. I will see if I can find a color coded pump connector? I found these wiring colors, below.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/512072_ranger_fuel_pump_wiring_1.jpg

+7
Thursday, July 8th, 2010 AT 2:50 PM
FWORKMAN
Now that information rocks! Is that a picture of the pump for a Ford Ranger? If so, then I could trace the wires from the pump to the connector, yes?

Regardless, you have been more help than any other forums that I have been looking at. Just for information like that you could be a millionaire, and save a lot of people's blood pressure from going up. Thank You very much! :)
-1
Thursday, July 8th, 2010 AT 6:58 PM
INTERNETMECHANIC
That picture came out of a parts book for 1993 Ford Ranger, 3.0 liter engine. I cannot guarantee the picture is correct, that was all I could find.
-1
Thursday, July 8th, 2010 AT 9:33 PM