CAR WON'T STAY RUNNING

Ford Probe

robnsab

May, 6, 2006 AT 6:45 PM

I HAVE A 94 PROBE GT WITH 114000 MILES ON IT. A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO IT QUIT RUNNING AND WOULD NOT START AGAIN. I HAD NO SPARK, SO I CHANGED THE DISTRIBUTOR AFTER TESTING IT. WITH THE NEW DISTRIBUTOR THE CAR WILL START AND RUN FOR ABOUNT 20 MIN THEN DIE. WHEN YOU CRANK THE ENGINE AFTER IT DIES I GET NO SPARK BUT IF IWAIT FOR AT LEAST 30 MIN THE CARWILL START AGAIN AND RUN ANOTHER 20 MIN REPEATING THE PROCESS. I CHANGED THE PLUGS, WIRES, CAP, ROTOR, AND CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR SO FAR. WHEN IT DIES IT DOESN'T SAVE A FAULT CODE. IN NEED OF ANY IDEAS. DO YOU THINK THE NEW DISTIBUTOR IS BAD?

robnsab

May, 11, 2006 AT 9:00 PM

The distributor was bad. Put new won in and car runs great. I ran it for over 3 hours today just to test it out. I think I fried the other distributor when I ran it with the bad spark plug wires (at the time I did not know they were bad). I think I burned out the resistor in it so when it got hot it quit working.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet