1995 Ford Probe 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 68,000 miles
Since 1995, I have never had problem with this car I could not figure out, but suddenly it turns over, has fuel, but will not fire. Both the car alarm and clutch interrupt prevent cranking, so they are not suspect.
- I wired a satellite radio in, replaced a fog light bulb, and changed the oil the day before this problem occurred, but I have driven it several times (about 40 miles) since then with no problem.
- I checked all the fuses at driver's kick-panel and under the hood and the wiring harnesses around where I pulled wire. Everything else in the car seems to work fine.
- Battery is in good shape.
- The ignition coil does not test open at 400M ohm range nor indicate a short to ground from either of the low terminals or the high voltage terminal.
- I have voltage at both poles on the low side of the coil.
have the same problem?
Sunday, January 24th, 2010 AT 1:15 PM