BARELY GOES WHEN YOU HIT GAS

1995 Ford Probe

joeknockz

February, 28, 2006 AT 12:07 PM

I have a 1995 Ford Probe with 102,000 miles. I can floor my car and nothing will happen but a gradual increase.I have to barely push on the gas and then the car will increase in speed its hard to get up to 70 MPH I'm confused where to start. Maybe the fuel filter isnt allowing gas? I dont think it could be the transmission though I have replaced that once. The only other problem is when my car starts the belt squeaks till I go for a minute which I know I need to replace but I dont think it has anything to do with it.

Chad Winstead

February, 28, 2006 AT 2:05 PM

It sounds like the CAT or Muffler. When the car is in park and running check to see how much exhaust is coming out of the tailpipe.

joeknockz

February, 28, 2006 AT 5:28 PM

I put on a new fuel filter today and it didnt seem to be that when I apply gas it kind of cuts out at the tailpipe. Seems to not be gettin airflow I think your right I think maybe my CAT is clogged I might just take it off and run a test pipe and see how that does tomorrow or the next day. I dont know what else it could be - thanks for the advice though I didnt even think of that

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test