VAPOR LOCK I THINK

Ford

tumbleweed

May, 31, 2007 AT 12:57 PM

I have a 1981 f100 2wd automatic 302 2 barrel.
it seems to vapor lock. I will be driving it then it just doesn't get gas to the fuel filter. I wait half hour to 45 minutes then it pumps gas to the filter. It has a mech. Pump and there is no lines near a heat source other then then line going from the pump to the carb and it pass right by the raditor hose and thremo housing. Any thoughts? Thanks

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

blackop555

May, 31, 2007 AT 3:36 PM

I believe you have diagnosed it correctly : P either that or ur pump may be wearing out

tumbleweed

May, 31, 2007 AT 7:00 PM

Afriad of that know I need to reroute the lines. I hope that does it if not then new pump. Thank you for the help. : )

tumbleweed

June, 1, 2007 AT 1:22 PM

Ok I found out the problem. It turned out to be the fuel pump the diapham when out, as soon as I put a new one on it worked great and no more problems. I drove it around in the heat for about four hours non stop and no problems. Thank you for the help. : O