CODE 146 :(

Ford

out671

April, 1, 2006 AT 1:23 AM

My cars fix engine light came on and I took it to jiffy lube they said I had a code 1406 I checked it out over the internet and found out that it deals with my engine's emission system he told me that same hoses were loose and he put them back on the same day at night the light came on again I took it back to them and they said its the same thing and they can't do anything about it so I searched the internet and found out what it means my downstream hose was unplugged or plugged (obstruction) or my catalytic converter was messed up and the accumulation of pressure is unpluggin the hoses --- I have a rattling noise when I speed up plus my car is having difficulty increasing speed so do you think I need a new catalytic converter? Or what is the problem with my car.

losone

April, 1, 2006 AT 7:15 AM

What kind of car, engine, mileage etc. Ford warranties the emission system for 5 years 60K miles

let me know

out671

April, 1, 2006 AT 5:04 PM

Ford focus se 4 door sedan 85,000 no warranty and the ignition cylider now won't turn its locked itself. So what can I do about that too?

losone

April, 1, 2006 AT 5:12 PM

I don't think the key is locked but the steering wheel lock is in a bind. Grab the wheel hard and turn it one way or the other to a small (about 1/2degree)jiggle it while trying to turn the key. I have seen it quite a few time on the little focus

out671

April, 1, 2006 AT 5:53 PM

Its not working can a locksmith fix it because the dealership is going to charge me like 500 bucks because I don't have worry : ( what can I dooo?

losone

April, 2, 2006 AT 9:06 AM

It's worth a try, a service call is a lot cheaper than the dealer especially is he can twist the wheel and unlock it. I still think that's the problem. Let me know

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen