2000 FORD ENGINE WON'T TURN OVER AND VOLTAGE RE

• keatjackson
  • 2000 Ford

2000 Other Ford Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 47000 miles

I have a 2000 Georgieboy Pursuit RV that has a Ford Workhorse engine. It has always worked great up until this weekend. I went to start the engine (as I do every month) and it does not turn over or click or anything. I replaced the battery and even tried the emergency start which employs the use of the house batteries. Nothing happens for the engine at all. No clicks or anything. The voltage readout on the dash of the vehicle shows nothing either. The battery has 12 volts but the dash gauge is all the way to the left indicating there is no voltage. Is there a way for me to jump this to test if it is the wires?

Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 8:22 PM

• rasmataz

Could be a blown fusible link, the starter, starter relay/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good. Note:If it doesn't apply disregard.

Tuesday, August 31st, 2010 AT 11:46 AM