REAR BRAKES WON'T WORK

Ford Mustang

yellow

March, 20, 2006 AT 4:13 AM

Hello
I have a Ford Mustang V6 3.8 y1997 with discs and no ABS.
Now I have a problem to get the rear brakes to work.
I've put new discs and pads and new brake valve control.
Now everything is okay when the wheel is off you can see the cylinder coming in and the discs stop, but when i'm driving no rear brakes at all.
How is this possible?

peppermrj

March, 20, 2006 AT 5:41 PM

What sort of pedal feel? Spongy? Sounds like they need to be bled.

Good luck and let us know. : )

yellow

March, 21, 2006 AT 3:35 AM

Hello
No not spongy in the beginning yes, when you start the engine but comes back with hard response and brakes like hell on the front wheels. BY the way what do you mean by bled, is that take the air out, we did this several times and costs a lot of brakefluid.

Frans

rayhut

March, 21, 2006 AT 4:50 AM

I have a funny story about breaks mabe this will help you. My friend installed some new back breaks and one side didn't work it done the samething yours does, so he checked and checked and finally he noticed that he put it on UPSIDE DOWN. Then again you could have forgotten to put a spring back on.

yellow

March, 21, 2006 AT 5:07 AM

Hello
i didn't think about it, I mean the upside down, but I have discs so I don't think this is possible.

Frans

rayhut

March, 21, 2006 AT 5:18 AM

It is possible couse his was discs to.

yellow

March, 21, 2006 AT 5:59 AM

Ok tks will look at it, but I don't think so cause the (i don't know how to say it) nipples for the air getting out are at the top so otherwise they would showing downwards.

Frans

Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement