BRAKE PROBLEM

Ford Mustang

VetHS

July, 31, 2006 AT 3:42 PM

Hello all, I think I know the answer to this question but I want a second opinion. I have a 99 Ford Mustang that I just replaced front brake pads. The left side(driver) rotor was grooved badly and I had it turned down. The guide pins were dry, no grease and stuck badly. The problem now is when I apply the brakes above 40 mph the car pulls to the right and the right front tire will lock up. Do I need to pull the right front rotor and have it turned down also? Or will the left rotors performance get better with use?

VetHS

August, 1, 2006 AT 12:31 PM

Hello all, In case someone read my post and wondered what the problem was I contacted a local mechcanic and asked him what was up. The turned down rotor was not the problem. The driver side caliper had quite a bit of air still in the caliper and line. I bleed it but not enough. Later.

Replace Your Brake Caliper Like a Pro
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer