LEAKING BRAKE FLUID THROUGH BELT HOUSING

2006 Ford Mustang

NoxiousPwner

June, 24, 2012 AT 8:24 PM

06 Mustang gt manual leaking brake fluid through the belt housing. Re-installed the engine recently and there is no clutch pressure.

June, 24, 2012 AT 8:58 PM

Its the clutch hydraulic that is leaking-check from clutch slave back to the clutch master cylinder

NoxiousPwner

June, 24, 2012 AT 10:08 PM

The Master cylinder resevior depletes when the clutch is pressed and a pool of liquid accumulates on the ground. Do I have to drop the trans to examine the Clutch Master Cylinder?

June, 24, 2012 AT 10:15 PM

The clutch master cylinder is in the engine compartment not on the trans-check where its actually leaking at between the clutch master cylinder and the trans

NoxiousPwner

June, 24, 2012 AT 10:32 PM

Its leaking inside the bellhousing because there is no liquid seeping throught between the seperation plate and the trans. Its leaking further back. In a rectangular hole at the bottom of the bellhousing.

NoxiousPwner

June, 24, 2012 AT 10:34 PM

Through*

June, 24, 2012 AT 11:05 PM

Sounds like the slave is leaking-

June, 24, 2012 AT 11:32 PM

Its inside between the transmission bellhousing and engine

NoxiousPwner

July, 6, 2012 AT 4:06 AM

Discovered that the slave was punctured. I replaced the slave and it's now leaking behind the slave cylinder but not as much. Do I need to install a gasket to keep it from leaking? Clutch pressure is much stronger than it was.

July, 6, 2012 AT 4:27 AM

You have to seal it to have proper clutch pressure-repair the leak could be a seal/gasket/loose connection problem

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear