2001 Ford Mustang Engine will not stay running

BULLITT 1
  • 2001 FORD MUSTANG
After starting, engine will not idle and dies immediately. I have had the problem before and I think it had to do with an air valve, but that was replaced on the intake at about 30000 miles. I just had the problem again and since the battery was the original, I replaced it. Worked fine for about a month. Battery connections became loose, tightened and it worked fine for 2 weeks. Now it is dieing again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is getting old.
Thanks.
Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 AT 9:40 AM

RACEFAN966
OK so have you cleaned the Mass Air Flow meter? If not then get a can of mass air flow cleaner (nothing else) and pull the mass air flow unit off and clean it. Now I also need to know any performance mods? Is it a GT or not? Lets start there and we will go from there.
Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 AT 9:49 AM
BULLITT 1
It is a Bullitt GT with a cold air kit and the Mass Air Flow meter was replaced about 35000 miles ago.
Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 AT 12:50 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok I still recomend cleaning it anyway. If you happen to over oil the washable filter on you car then that can cause false readings from it. I have done it once on my Mustang. The Mass Air Flow Cleaner don't cost that much and it will eliminate that as a problem. Is the check engine light on? Get back to me and we will go to the next step.
Thursday, July 2nd, 2009 AT 9:14 AM
BULLITT 1
The check engine light is not on. I will clean air valve tomorrow and see how that does. Could low voltage cause the same problem?
Thursday, July 2nd, 2009 AT 12:42 PM
RACEFAN966
Low voltage can cause all kinds of problems. Let me know what you are meaning. Also let me know how it goes with cleaning the Mass Air Flow Meter. We will take it from there. Be patient we will get this fixed it just takes longer over the internet I am here till it is right ok. Thanks.
Friday, July 3rd, 2009 AT 9:19 AM
BULLITT 1
Cleaned the MAF twice, also checked battery hookups, still no joy.
Friday, July 3rd, 2009 AT 10:20 AM
RACEFAN966
Ok tell me what is having low voltage? Is it he charging system is putting out low voltage or what? Thanks
Monday, July 6th, 2009 AT 2:00 PM