FUEL PROBLEMS??

1967 Ford Mustang

mustanggranny

October, 27, 2008 AT 3:15 PM

1967 Ford Mustang V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 68500 miles

My Mustang has been running fine until about two weeks ago. The engine runs fine sitting in the garage, but when I drive it for about 10 to 15 minutes it seems as though I am not getting fuel correctly. For instance, when I slow down and turn a corner, then accelerate again, the car jumps and bucks and sometimes dies completely. It has always re-cranked easily. The fuel pump is new and the fuel filter is clean as a whistle. Can my carburetor be causing this trouble? Any suggestions? Also what exactly does a throttle solenoid do? Thanks for any help. Linda

mhpautos

October, 27, 2008 AT 4:16 PM

HI there,

I would still get a fuel pressure & flow test done to prove the pick up in the tank the pump and the fuel lines, the float level in the carby may be low or you may have a sticky needle valve, this controllers the supply of fuel into the carby fuel bowl, the throttle solenoid is often the idle adjustment on Corby's, it turns on with the ignition and cracks open the throttle, it should have an adjuster on the end, I would be checking the carby internals after doing the pressure and flow tests.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test