2006 Ford Focus

AMETZ
  • 2006 FORD FOCUS
I have a new remote for the car (not one with the key attached) and I need to programme it. I have read your details on how to do it by putting the key in the ignition and turning it on and off 8 times etc but am confused where you mention the 'second key'. Do I repeat the sequence again with the only key I have? As I have said I only have a new remote not one with a key.
Friday, July 24th, 2009 AT 5:38 AM

RACEFAN966
First off how many working keys do you have? If you only have one working key then you can not program it. With Ford as with my Ford's you must have two working keys inorder to program a new one, otherwise you have to go to the dealer to program it. Get back to me with how many working key's you have and if you have two working key's then I will walk you through how to program the third. Thanks.
Friday, July 24th, 2009 AT 9:53 AM
AMETZ
Further to your reply, I have 2 keys. One is with the remote fob attached the other is an emergency key that opens the door and starts the engine but has no remote fob attached to it. I also have the new remote fob without a key attached that I want to programme. Hope this helps. I look forward to receiving your answer. Thanks
Friday, July 24th, 2009 AT 5:26 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok lets get this started. Here is how to programm the FOB first.
1) Get in the car and make sure all doors are shut.
2) Now turn the the key from off to run 4 times in 6 seconds.
3) Turn key off and you should hear a chime telling you that it is in program mode.
4) Now within 20 seconds of hearing the chime press and hold any button on the FOB till you hear it chime again. Now withing 20 seconds do the same with you key that has the FOB on it. Now you are done both FOB's should work.
5) Turn key on and back off you have now exited program mode and check the FOB's to see if they work. Now I had you do the original fob again because if you didn't the only fob that would work is the newly programmed one or ones.
As for the new key you need a scan tool to program a new key there is no way around this. Now if you have a scan tool then let me know and I will give you the procedure on programming a new key.
Saturday, July 25th, 2009 AT 8:58 AM