Ok lets get this started. Here is how to programm the FOB first.
1) Get in the car and make sure all doors are shut.
2) Now turn the the key from off to run 4 times in 6 seconds.
3) Turn key off and you should hear a chime telling you that it is in program mode.
4) Now within 20 seconds of hearing the chime press and hold any button on the FOB till you hear it chime again. Now withing 20 seconds do the same with you key that has the FOB on it. Now you are done both FOB's should work.
5) Turn key on and back off you have now exited program mode and check the FOB's to see if they work. Now I had you do the original fob again because if you didn't the only fob that would work is the newly programmed one or ones.
As for the new key you need a scan tool to program a new key there is no way around this. Now if you have a scan tool then let me know and I will give you the procedure on programming a new key.
Saturday, July 25th, 2009 AT 8:58 AM