2003 FORD FOCUS I LOSE HEAT

• richmichaels
  • 2003 Ford Focus

Heater problem
2003 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 122000 miles

why do I lose heat when I get to a red light or slow down in traffic? I seem to get heat while i've been driving for a while, but like I said, it slowly cools down while I come to a stop. The Fan works no problem, I'm getting air into the car, but it's not HOT air. Can anyone tell me WHAT's going on and how I can fix it?
also, my heated seat sees to have stopped working. I checked the fuse underneath the steering column and it looks just fine. Could these two " eat" issues be related?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Cheers,
M.R

Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 10:36 PM

• rasmataz

Why do I lose heat when I get to a red light or slow down in traffic? I seem to get heat while i've been driving for a while, but like I said, it slowly cools down while I come to a stop. The Fan works no problem, I'm getting air into the car, but it's not HOT air. Can anyone tell me WHAT's going on and how I can fix it?

Check the thermostat and also the heater core if its clogging up also if it has a heater control valve-if not could be an air mix/blend/mode doors and vacuum/actuator problems and HVAC control module

Its two different problems.

Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 1:50 AM
  • jkirkerx

My heater just started doing the same thing. When the fluid is low, there's not enough to make it into the heat exchange inside the car. I added 1/2 a gallon, and it worked fine, but there is leak somewhere, hope it's not a bad heater core.

Saturday, February 28th, 2009 AT 11:59 PM