2001 Ford Focus PINGING EXCESSIVE ENGINE USE

KEVH123
  • 2001 FORD FOCUS

2001 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 70000 miles

HI
THE PROBLEM WITH MY FORD FOCUS IS REALLY BAD PINGING NOISE FROM THE ENGINE AND EXCESSIVE OIL USE I USE THE CORRECT GRADE OIL FORD SAY 2 USE AND HAVE TRYED DIFFERENT FUEL STATIONS AND EVEN BEEN RUNNING MY CAR ON EXCELLIUM I HAVE NOTICED FROM TIME TO TIME BLUE SMOKE COMING FROM THE EXHAUT AND THE TAIL PIP HAS A RESIDUE OF OIL IN IT.I DONT KNOW IF SOME OF THE SIMPTOMS I AM GETTING IS DOWN TO AFORMER KEEPER LETTING THE OIL RUN DOWN TO LOW CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE PISTON RINGS ORTHE SCRAPER RINGS I AM QUIET CONCERND AS WE ALL KNOW IF IT IS THATI HAVE ABIG EXSPENSIVE BILL I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL

Monday, June 28th, 2010 AT 12:01 PM

Egine ping is usually caused by one of a few things, cheap fuel, ignition timing, or a bad knock sensor. Has the check engine light ever come on? Has anyone ever checked timing?

As far as oil consumption, a valve ping shouldn't cause that. Has the oil been changed on a timely basis? Did you get the car new?

Let me know. Also, let me know more about the blue smoke you are seeing.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, July 3rd, 2010 AT 1:52 PM