PINGING EXCESSIVE ENGINE USE

2001 Ford Focus

kevh123

June, 28, 2010 AT 12:01 PM

2001 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 70000 miles

HI
THE PROBLEM WITH MY FORD FOCUS IS REALLY BAD PINGING NOISE FROM THE ENGINE AND EXCESSIVE OIL USE I USE THE CORRECT GRADE OIL FORD SAY 2 USE AND HAVE TRYED DIFFERENT FUEL STATIONS AND EVEN BEEN RUNNING MY CAR ON EXCELLIUM I HAVE NOTICED FROM TIME TO TIME BLUE SMOKE COMING FROM THE EXHAUT AND THE TAIL PIP HAS A RESIDUE OF OIL IN IT.I DONT KNOW IF SOME OF THE SIMPTOMS I AM GETTING IS DOWN TO AFORMER KEEPER LETTING THE OIL RUN DOWN TO LOW CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE PISTON RINGS ORTHE SCRAPER RINGS I AM QUIET CONCERND AS WE ALL KNOW IF IT IS THATI HAVE ABIG EXSPENSIVE BILL I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL

4.2 Pinging

Jacobandnickolas

July, 3, 2010 AT 1:52 PM

Egine ping is usually caused by one of a few things, cheap fuel, ignition timing, or a bad knock sensor. Has the check engine light ever come on? Has anyone ever checked timing?

As far as oil consumption, a valve ping shouldn't cause that. Has the oil been changed on a timely basis? Did you get the car new?

Let me know. Also, let me know more about the blue smoke you are seeing.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230