2001 Ford Focus brake lights

RKHARWOOD1
  • 2001 FORD FOCUS
My focus has no brake lights I have checked all fuses and relays all seem to be good replaced the brake light switch and still no lights the back lights work when the lights are on just don't brighten when you push the brake pedal?
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 AT 2:03 PM

Thanks for the donation, does the high-mount brake lite work? Are you three door or four door?

Also, at the central junction block, under left side of dash, fuse 54-- 15 amp, use a teslite, see if fuse circuit is hot, should be hot all the time.
+4
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 AT 2:22 PM
RKHARWOOD1
No the third light don't work its a four door and I will check to see if its hot
+1
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 AT 4:04 PM
RKHARWOOD1
I do not have power at fuse 54-15 amp
-1
Monday, January 4th, 2010 AT 3:50 PM
Under hood fuse box, driver side rear, fuse 1--40 amp, check the fuse and see if the circuit is hot, key on.

The wiring diagram for the brake lites showed fuse 54, hot all the time, but, looking at the power distribution diagram, to track the circuit to fuse 54, shows the the key has to be on, for the feed to fuse 1 and fuse 54 to go hot. Turn the key on to check fuse circuits for voltage. Sorry for any misinformation, I can only go by what the wiring diagram shows.
-1
Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 AT 8:22 AM
RKHARWOOD1
Fuse 1 has power when key is on fuse 54 still does not
Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 AT 2:45 PM
I'd have to get at the wiring circuits to the fuse box, under left side of dash. As you can see, green wire with red tracer carries voltage to several fuses, including fuse 54. The info I looked at was for Focus LX.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_focus_LX_wiring_circuit_1.jpg

+2
Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 AT 4:19 PM
RKHARWOOD1
Ichanged the relays under the hood and now have power to the fuse and switch but still no lights and when I went to move the car the park lock whould not release so you can't shift the car from park to drive or anything?
+1
Saturday, January 23rd, 2010 AT 12:35 PM
Did you check for voltage to and from the brake switch? Dark green wire with white tracer is voltage to the brake switch. Green wire with red tracer is voltage from the stop lamp switch, for stop lamps. If you have IVD, there is a stop lamp relay, under hood passenger side rear, you'd have to check relay circuits, replacing relay may not help anything. If you have that relay, coil side of relay is controlled by electronic stability module. I can't troubleshoot that module from here, I'd have to look at it.
+1
Saturday, January 23rd, 2010 AT 1:29 PM