PROBE IDLE SPEED

1989 Ford F-250

ford man 109

March, 2, 2007 AT 11:38 AM

I have a 1989 ford probe lx 185k miles, and a 2.2 liter engine, (non turbocharged). It idles 1.5k to 3k rpm. When I first start the car it idles at about 1250 rpm, but then climbs to about 2000, or 2500. The only thing that was done to cause this was WE SENT THE FUEL IN BACKWARDS, because we replaced the fuel lines, and gas tank. Other than this it runs like a champ. On the road it runs very nicley. Somtimes (idling) it will fluctuate about 500rpm, and sounds like it is relieving pressure. Like a tsss after the rpm's climb. We tried adjusting it, but it did not work. I have ben having this problem, and looked all around for the answer, but was unable to find it. I do not think that it is a vaccum leak, though I am not sure.

If you could help me that would be great
thanks.

CHEVYII

March, 3, 2007 AT 3:59 PM

Hi
there could be a few things but with the lines reversed, I would suspect a fuel pressure regulator at this time, the car has the symptoms of an idle air control valve but with the fuel line deal I would check the fuel pressure for being out of range and or leakdown

thanks
jim
if you are happy with the info please leave feedback we all here do this for free feedback is a way of saying thank you for the help

Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet