F250 WONT START

1989 Ford F-250

wheels69

September, 4, 2008 AT 12:52 AM

1989 Ford F250 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 189000 miles

I HAVE A 89 F250 2WD WITH 5.8 LITER MOTOR HAS DUal tanks but one TANK the reaR IS MISSING. I HAVE CHANGED THE

FUEL PUMP REGULATOR AND FILTER I EVEN CHANGED THE FUEL RESIVOIR UNDER TRUCK BEFORE THE FUEL PUMP. TURN THE KEY

ON YOU HEAR THE PUMP KICK ON IT TURNS OVER WONT START. THIS IS A EFI MOTOR I SPRAY STARTING FLUID IN THE

THROTTLE IT STARTS AND RUNS FOREVER YOU SHUT IT OFF TRY TO RESART IT WONT P.S THE FUEL LINE SUPPLY

AND RETURN HAVE BEEN MESSED WITH

September, 4, 2008 AT 2:16 AM

Verify the fuel lines whether its routed properly pressure feed and return line and check the fuel pressure if its within specification

wheels69

September, 4, 2008 AT 6:38 AM

Tried that but it still wont start. If I spray starting fluid in to the throttle body starts right up

September, 4, 2008 AT 1:19 PM

When key is at run position do you hear the fuel pump come On-if so check the fuel pressure and comeback only when you have the readings I need this before I can help you.

wheels69

October, 20, 2008 AT 9:30 AM

A 89 f250 with 5.8 EFI auto. Truck wont start unless I spray a little bit of starting fluid in the throttle body then it will fire up and stay running. You shut it off and it will not start again unless you prime it again. I have changed fuel pump in tank and on rail the fuel filter fuel resevoir and fuel pressure regulator. When it is running the idle is high I unplug the air bypass solinod and it idles fine. I have checked the fuel pressure when you turn the key on there is no pressure reading. When you turn the motor over it goes to 60 psi then when you spray starting fluid in it and it fires right up the pressure while running is 32 psi

October, 20, 2008 AT 3:01 PM

When you turn key to run -you should have power at the brown wire on the inertia switch. Do you have it? If not retest the fuel pump relay and check the computer fuel pump relay control.

wheels69

October, 28, 2008 AT 5:36 AM

When the key is on and the fuel pump primes up to the motor it shows no fuel pressure when you turn the motor over to start the pressure goues up to60 lb and still wont start. The brown wire on the inertia switch has no power to it could there be a bad seal on the low pressure pump in tank causing the lose of fuel pressure

October, 28, 2008 AT 1:06 PM

The brown wire should have power when key at run position in order for inertia switch to power the fuel pumpower to the inertia switch comes from the fuel pump relay and 20gauge fusible link on the starter relay-

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test