MYSTERIOUS OIL LEAK

Ford F-150

greentruckredneck

April, 27, 2006 AT 10:29 PM

1994 Ford f-150, 5.0 w/mass air, supercab 4x4 with 103,000 miles. About 3 months ago I installed a K& N filter kit. The one with the intake tube and everything. Now whenever I drive with heavy acceleration, esp when I pull my trailer, oil shoots out of my dipstick tube. An aquaintance suggested that the pcv valve could cause this. If this is a possibility, where on my truck is the valve located. And if you have any other suggestions I would be forever grateful. Most of my driving is on the interstate and heavy acceleration is par for the course, ESP when pulling said trailer. Thanx in advance!

Oil Leak From Engine

oiii88

April, 30, 2006 AT 1:38 PM

ITS UNDER HOOD, CENTER, UPPER ENGINE AREA, MOUNTED IN REAR OF INTAKE MANIFOLD

greentruckredneck

May, 1, 2006 AT 8:58 PM

Does anyone know of any other reason that my truck might leak oil from the dipstick tube? Also, there seems to be a little oil that is trying to leak from my oil filler cap. The cap is the kind that only gets so tight then clicks so it can't be overtightened. Again, any help is appreciated.

oiii88

May, 1, 2006 AT 9:23 PM

The only things I can think of is either a bad pcv valve building pressure in the block or by blowby which is caused by bad rings. But with bad rings I would think there would be gas mixed with the oil.

oiii88

May, 1, 2006 AT 9:27 PM

1 more thing. Check your air filter and see if there is any oil leaking into there. If there is then check the tubes coming off the top of the crank case cover for blockage.

greentruckredneck

May, 3, 2006 AT 8:59 PM

Are you saying the regular air filter? So the oil could come up throught the throttle body up the intake tube(about 3 ft long) past the mass air flow unit and into the actual filter? Just making sure. I appreciate the suggestions so far.

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front