ENGINE WILL NOT START

Ford F-150

Fotoman

March, 7, 2007 AT 11:12 AM

I have a 2001 Ford F150 with a Triton 5.4L with
82,495 miles on it. The problem that I have is that
it will not start at all, nothing happens when you turn the key? The battery is good and the alternater is new. All the lights and radio come on when the key
is turned, and after that nothing happens? I checked the fuses and they are all good. What do you think the problem is? Maybe the starter? Please let me know, I'd like to fix it myself and Not take it to the Ford dealer and get ripped off.
Thank You!
Craig McGregor

fordtech1

March, 7, 2007 AT 12:31 PM

You need to check power to the starter, the cable connected to the starter should be hot at all times and the small wire should be hot with key in crank position. You may need a friend to help and you need a test light. If you have power, lightly tap on the starter when holding the key in crank position it may start. Be CARFUL

bubba_koski

March, 7, 2007 AT 4:37 PM

Cant stress this enough BE VERY CAREFUL

M_H_RITZEL

March, 9, 2007 AT 1:15 PM

If you are getting power on thwe little wire going to the starter solinoid then the solonoid is bad. When checking it like ford_tech 1, be very careful like ford_tech 1 and bubba_koski wrote

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right