2005 Ford F-150 THROTTLE BODY ASSY

BONNIE5511
  • 2005 FORD F-150
MY HUSBAND HAS AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR THIS VEHICLE. THEY TOLD US THAT THE THROTTLE BODY ASSY IS NOT COVERED. WELL I'M NOT SURE.
DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH FUEL INJECTORS?
PLEASE REPLY.

THANK YOU,
BONNIE TOUPS
Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 AT 6:44 AM

JACK42
No, the injectors are seperate parts from the throttle body. What is the matter with the truck that it needs a throtttle body?
Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 AT 8:13 AM
BONNIE5511
My husband was at a red light and when he accelerated, the truck killed. We brought it in, thinking it was under warranty, and they told us that it was the "throttle body assy". He puts Shell gas in the truck, not the cheap gas, and I can't believe he is having this problem. When the truck is diagnosed, is there a print out that you know of that actually states what the issue is (from some machine)? I appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,
Bonnie
Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 AT 10:10 AM
JACK42
There should be atrouble code that starts witha "P" like (P0300) that isnt the code, just an example. Get that code. It is a littel odd that the throttle body is keeping it from running at all, they usually have idle issues or wont accelerate when that is an issue
Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 AT 10:25 AM
BONNIE5511
Correction. My husband said that his truck killed as he was stopping for a red light. I believe I stated he was taking off from a complete stop. Sorry. Does this change your response to me? When I asked Ford about the code, she said that they had no printer to print it out. Could that be true? Is there a way for them to retrieve that code as proof they ran the code? I know I sound stupid but believe me, my husband would rather pay than to investigate.

Thanks,
Bonnie
Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 AT 3:51 PM