F150 DIED WHILE DRIVING...

2005 Ford F-150

creekland

September, 15, 2009 AT 7:14 PM

2005 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 28000 miles

I was driving down the road the other day at 45 mph when my F-150, 5.4L V-8 Triton, died. No warning lights, no out of normal gauges, etc. I immediately put it into neutral and pulled over. Once on the side of the road and stopped I tried to restart - nothing.

The lights, electric locks/windows, radio, etc. Are working fine. When I turn the key to start the lights do not dim any and I do not even hear the starter trying to do anything. All fuses are OK and the battery is at 12.5V (no corrosion on terminals or connections). Coolant and oil levels are within min./Max. Limits.

After trying to start the console lights for Elec. Throttle Control, Service Engine, and Charging System remain on with the 4x4 Low and 4x4 Hi lights blinking. The mini-message center reads Check Guages.

Of course the warranty expired Oct. '08. Any thoughts or leads I should be following? Thanks.

donaldgoldsr

September, 15, 2009 AT 8:26 PM

The only 2 logical probabilities are the ignition control module or the fuel pump.

creekland

September, 21, 2009 AT 7:57 AM

The truck is fixed now! The problem ended up being a bad PCM relay.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test