F150 BIG PROBLEM

2003 Ford F-150

dodgeguy12

December, 31, 2007 AT 8:41 AM

2003 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 36000 miles

I have a f-150 harly wth the supercharged 5.4l in it. The problem is I was going down the road and the engine just shut of and the theft light was blinking, and a little light that looks like a gas cap was on and the motor would not restart. The theft light was blinking very fast and I restarted the truck and it slowed down and was still blinking will it was running going down the road till it shut off again. I had the truck towed back to the dealer and when it arrived it started right up. The dealer said they could not find anything wrong. Well since it has been there the truck sometimes trys to stall out on me going down the road. When the truck is busy acting up and a short period of time after the left blinker indicater in the truck will blink fast like I have a bulb out. But when you drive a little bit more and turn the signal back on it is flashing fine. Also sometimes the theft light will blink when it is acting up. If your have any other questions feel free to call me at 443-807-2076, or email me thank for your time

Jack42

January, 1, 2008 AT 9:22 AM

Sounds like it could be an issue with the GEM module. Control most everything inside the truck. I have read in previous posts where other items on the key rings can freak out the anti-theft. Did it have any codes in the PCM?

dodgeguy12

January, 1, 2008 AT 11:11 AM

No the check engine light never came on and we hooked it up to a scanner and nothing surfaced

Jack42

January, 2, 2008 AT 7:22 AM

When it dies, need to check for spark and fuel pressure to see what is missing. Any other magnets on the key ring?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang