2003 Ford F-150 no power at low speed

BOBBY ODELL
  • 2003 FORD F-150
I got a 2003 ford-150 got a code p175 dont no where to start dont have no problem starting the truck it as a little bit of a mis when iam at a stop rpm gaugerun at about 6 to 6 1/2 I change all 4 of the oxgen sensors
Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 AT 4:47 PM

That code indicates you are running a rich fuel mixture on bank 2. Many things can cause this problem.

Follow this procedure:

1) Start the vehicle to get it warmed up (let it run for about 15 to 20 minutes) and connect your Scan Tool to the OBD II Diagnostic connector.

2) po175 indicates a rich mixture (bank 2 / cylinders 2, 4, 6, 8)

3) Once connected, go to Live Data mode and scroll down to the PID that's labeled: LT FTRM1 and LT FTRM2 Select LT FTRM2 If a rich condition is present, the reading will be around - 20.
If that is the case, there is actually a problem causing the PCM to run it that rich. The PCM is not the problem.

4) If the condition exists, it's time to look for anything that would add Fuel to the Air/Fuel Mixture beyond the control of the PCM.

* Check the following:
A) Spark plugs
B) Plug wires or coil packs
C) Spark plug boots
D) leaking or dirty fuel injector
E) Fuel pressure regulator (too much pressure)
F) Dirty or plugged air filter
G) Vacuum leak at air filter housing
H) Coolant Temperature Sensor
I) Is the engine running at a normal operating temp

That should give you a good start.

Let me know what you find.

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 AT 6:19 PM