2002 Ford F-150 passive anti-theft system

CLAYCAMPBELL25
  • 2002 FORD F-150

Computer problem
2002 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 100009 miles

I believe that my Anti-theft system has been trigerred and I have done everything I can possibly think of to fix it, including disconnecting battery to changing and checking fuses. How can I reprogram the reciever/transmitter?I have original keys to the truck with no damage to them.

Friday, November 20th, 2009 AT 11:49 AM

2CARPROS KEN

Use the key to lock and unlock the door should deactivate the alarm.

Here is a guide that will help you.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

With key in and or cranking do you have a security / theft light on or blinking ?

If not then its not an alarm issue.

Here is a guide on howto reprogram the system

Central Security Module (CSM) enable/disable mode allows autolock feature to be turned on or off. To enter enable/disable mode, close all doors. Ensure ignition switch is in LOCK position. Perform the following steps within 30 seconds:

Turn ignition switch from LOCK to RUN position.
Press power door lock switch UNLOCK button 3 times.
Turn ignition switch from RUN to OFF position.

CSM module should chirp horn indicating CSM module is in enable/disable mode and ready to accept program changes.

Press power door lock switch UNLOCK button once to command CSM module to toggle autolock feature on or off. Press power door lock switch LOCK button once to enable/disable autolock feature. CSM module will chirp one time to indicate autolock has been disabled.

CSM module will chirp once, followed by a longer chirp to indicate autolock feature has been enabled. Press power door lock switch UNLOCK button once, then turn ignition switch to OFF position to exit enable/disable mode. CSM module should chirp once to verify a feature change.

REMOTE TRANSMITTER

Cycle ignition key 8 times within 10 seconds and end in RUN position to enter program mode. Doors should lock and unlock to confirm program mode has been entered. Press any button on Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter(s). Doors will lock, then unlock to confirm programming. If door locks do not respond, press button again (3 times maximum) with same RKE transmitter.

Repeat procedure for additional RKE transmitters (4 maximum). If equipped with memory seats, ensure RKE transmitter(s) are programmed according to numbers on back of RKE transmitter(s). Turn ignition switch to LOCK or wait 5 minutes for system to exit program mode. All doors should lock, then unlock to confirm exit of programming mode. Check system operation.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best, Ken

-1
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:14 PM
DARYLWHITTY
  • 2006 FORD F-150

2006 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 40000 miles

my 2006 f150 was running fine, I pulled over and shut the truck off to grab something and when I went to start it, there was nothing. Nat a click or try to crank over. I left the key on and jumped the starter, it would crank but not start. I was told it could be the security system in the truck, not sure. Now the display on the dash says check guages. Anyone have a clue? Also I had a obd2 scanner hooked up and it cant communucate with the computer.

+1
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:14 PM (Merged)
MMPRINCE4000

Check the owners manual, look for instructions on resetting the security system when the battery is discharged or disconnected.

+1
CHASROW
  • 2001 FORD F-150

Computer problem
2001 Ford F-150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

my locks wont lock and unlock. I have a compustar alarm system and that wont work either so what should I do to fix my alarm system so I can lock and unlock my car?

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 1:15 PM (Merged)

Because the system isn't a OEM alarm, I have to recommend you visit a shop that installs that brand. There are so many different types, it is impossible for us to have the information for all of them.

JAYNA
  • 2007 FORD F-150

Computer problem
2007 Ford F150

My 1 yr old son set off our truck's car alarm and now whenever we try to lock/unlock the car it goes off and the engine won't start. We've tried unlocking it using the key in the driver's side door but that has not worked. Any other suggestions?

I hate to say it, but chances are you will need to take it to a ford dealer to have it repaired. What did he do to set off the alarm?