1995 FORD F150 INTERMITTENT HARD SHIFT

• bassman0912
  • 1995 Ford F-150

1995 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 163000 miles

Purchased this vehicle used in 2004.
Apparently this problem existed prior to my purchase and had been looked at by Ford more than once. They could not find the problem. Transmission mechanic says tranny is fine.
Engine will over rev and Transmission will shift hard from 1st to 2nd. Might happen today and not happen again for 6 weeks and might happen every day for a week. MLPS switch on tranny was replaced --did not fix it. Replaced the Speed sensor in differential and made it worse. Put old sensor back in. 2 weeks ago replaced the PCM. Still have a problem.
Problem is worse when vehicle sits out in hot sun all day. At 3 am when I get off work it works perfectly.
Also, seems to happen more when I am pulling a trailer.
Your answer must seem plausible-- guesses won't cut it.

Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 1:37 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

First, if there are no warning lights on indicating a problem, it becomes a guessing game. To me, it sounds like a bad trans control module or shift solenoid. Have they been checked by the trans tech?

Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 7:59 PM
  • JamesPB

Did u check for broke or bad wires running to the right side of the tran

Sunday, September 12th, 2010 AT 10:29 AM