1994 Ford F-150 ground wire to fuel pump

DMINION
  • 1994 FORD F-150
Where is the ground wire located at for the fuel pump. Fuel pump has been checked nothing wrong with it. Truck turns over but doesnt fire electrical code of 542 was reading.
Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 8:18 PM

DAVE H
Have you checked Inertia Fuel Shutoff (IFS) Switch
All models use an electrical interrupt switch in fuel system. During a collision or vehicle rollover, electrical contacts within inertia switch open, shutting off fuel supply to electric fuel pump. Fuel supply is interrupted even when engine is running.
A reset button is located on switch assembly. If electrical circuit trips, vehicle will not restart until switch is reset. Fuel system should be inspected before resetting switch.
On Pickup, IFS switch is located on left toe board, near parking brake assembly.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_fuel_10.jpg

-2
Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 8:48 PM
DMINION
I have already checked the inertia switch, and it was not triggered, although I reset it any way just to make sure. And it was located on the passenger side on the kick panel. My truck seems to be the complete opposite of what its supposed to be I swear. Any other suggestions? I am at a complete loss of ideas right now. Thanks
-1
Friday, January 23rd, 2009 AT 2:39 AM
DAVE H
Is the vehicle definately not getting fuel ? and there is definately a hot feed to pump ..if yes .. check the ground(orange)wire near the top of radiator support or ground the pump(orange wire) to another ground point near the pump on the chassis somewhere .. or you could run a hot and ground direct from battery through a switch to the pump so you can check it is working correctly ?? making sure you remove the origanal hot and ground wires from pump ? let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_fuel_12.jpg

+5
Friday, January 23rd, 2009 AT 8:22 AM