F150

1990 Ford F-150

Andy Smith

April, 8, 2008 AT 1:30 AM

1990 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I've got a 1990 f150 and I'm having trouble gettingit to start. All the truck is doing is clicking on the starter.I have a new ground put on the truck but still same thing. When trying to start can hear the fuel pump working but it seems like it don't build up pressure. Some people told me to check the starter and others told me to check the wiring to the starter and others said that there is a vavle in the fuel tank that is supposed to stop the gas from going back to the tank this could be gone.I was also wondering if there is a power pack and could this be the problem. Any suggestions would help.

blackop555

April, 8, 2008 AT 4:08 PM

Sounds like your battery may be weak, and you should make sure it is fully charged and the cables are clean and tight on the battery, the relay, and the starter.

Next have the starter tested, and if that is good then it is probably a bad starter relay, will it start when you apply direct 12v to the starter or does it still click?

Andy Smith

April, 9, 2008 AT 12:20 AM

Will I put a new battery of my Van and all the starter was doing was just clicking.I was talking to my Ford dealer were I live and he told me it sounds like the starter. Now this was happening for a while but the truck use to start after a while. But I also noticed that there is a red spark coming out of the other bolt that is not contected to the ground wire. The dealer told me that the starter is not grounding propely in side.

blackop555

April, 9, 2008 AT 7:19 AM

Sounds good to me, try having it bench tested, if not its the relay.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe