1988 FORD F150 RUN 20 MINS AND GO DEAD

• cwattseng8
  • 1988 Ford F-150

1988 Ford F150 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 88000 miles

my engine will run perfect for about 20 mins and just die. Fuel pressure is good. Have replaced distributor, module, selinoid, battery and coil. I noticed that fusible link that goes from alternator to starter selinoid is real hot after awhile. Alternator is only thing I havent replaced. After you let the truck set for awhile it will fire up and run perfect for a bit then die again. I'm tired of just throwing parts at it

Thursday, March 5th, 2009 AT 9:42 PM

• racefan966

When it dies do you have spark? You say your fuel pressure is fine so you do have fuel pressure after it dies right? Get back to me via private message and we go from there.

Friday, March 6th, 2009 AT 11:03 AM
  • cwattseng8

Yeah fuel pressure still good think I found the problem. Wiring harness from selinoid to alternator was broke at bottom connection at the alternator and wasn't getting good connection. Replaced it and so far so good. This truck sat up for about two years
still wants to try to die out but will catch itself. Anyway thanks for the reply. I would have PM you but I don't have 10 post so it wouldnt let me. Again thanks

Friday, March 6th, 2009 AT 3:43 PM