OVERDRIVE LIGHT BLINKS ON AND OFF RANDOM

2000 Ford Explorer

deborahbryan

July, 20, 2010 AT 8:13 PM

2000 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 147000 miles

my overdrive light comes on and blinks off and on when I sometiimes round a curve or when I am speeding up. I have to turn the engine off then back on to stop it from blinking. Transmission does not shift right when it is doing this. What could cause this or is my transmission bad or is it a sensor

Jacobandnickolas

July, 20, 2010 AT 11:29 PM

First, if it happens when turning, make sure the fluid is clean and full. As far as your question, what does the trans do when the light is flashing? Also, when it is doing this, you need to have the computer scanned to identify what is causing the problem.

Let me know what happens when it lights.

deborahbryan

July, 21, 2010 AT 3:34 PM

Changed transmission fluid recently when the light comes on and flashes the trans does not want to shift correctly it kind of jumps into next gear but when it doesnt come on my trans shifts just fine

Jacobandnickolas

July, 21, 2010 AT 10:56 PM

If I had to guess, I would say you have a bad shift solenoid which is causing the problem. My best recommendation is to have the computer scanned when the light is flashing. That way you will know exactly where the problem is coming from rather than a guess from me. I don't like to give information without being sure.

Try that and let me know what you find.

deborahbryan

July, 22, 2010 AT 11:11 AM

Thank you I will

Jacobandnickolas

July, 22, 2010 AT 11:21 PM

Let me know what you find.

Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz