You lost me on that one. The blower motor is in the vehicle. What you mentioned is under the hood. Here are directions. The center consol needs to be removed or at least slid back. Here are the directions I found for a 2000 Explorer.
1. Remove the floor console.
2. Remove the coin tray.
3. Remove the screws and the console insert.
4. Remove the screw and the console lid together with the hinge.
5. Remove the screws.
6. Open the rear cup holder. Remove the screws.
7. Remove the two screws.
8. Disengage the retaining clips. Remove the console rear finish panel.
9. Remove the screws.
10. Disconnect the electrical connectors. Disengage the pin-type retainer.
Do not attempt to bend the second row climate control assembly arm.
11. Disconnect the air distribution door linkage from the second row climate control assembly arm. Remove the second row climate control assembly.
Remove climate control assembly. Be careful not to bend the climate control assembly arm
12. Remove the screws and the console rear air distribution duct.
13. Remove the nine screws and the console liner.
14. Remove the nuts.
15. Remove the screws.
16. Remove the two screws.
17. Disconnect the blower motor resistor.
18. Disengage the pin-type retainer. Pin-type retainer located next to blower motor resistor
19. Slide the console reinforcement rearward. Partially remove the blower motor and air distribution duct assembly.
20. Disconnect the blower motor electrical connector.
21. Remove the screws. Remove the blower motor assembly from the console air distribution duct.
1. Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.
As you see, there are a few steps. Let me know if you have other questions.
Monday, July 5th, 2010 AT 10:09 PM