2000 Ford Explorer Car dies when come toa stop

JSCHMIT
  • 2000 FORD EXPLORER
I have a 2000 ford explorer, when I come to a stop the car will shake a small bit and then die. I have replaced the Mass Air flow senor, throttle position sensor, trasmission (with a rebuilt one cause it was bad) had the vaccum lines gone through and timing checked to make sure they were all correct, any advice would be a great help Thanks
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 8:23 PM

OBXAUTOMEDIC

Is the Engine Light on? If so will need to get codes pulled. You can go by tour local parts store and have them pull codes. Post codes here.

Also, Have you checked the IAC(Idle Air Control) Motor.

.
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 8:56 PM
JSCHMIT
The check engine light is on and the code shows it is the IAC sensor but when the ohms are checked on the sensor it shows 10.8 which the manual is in the varience
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 9:13 PM
OBXAUTOMEDIC
Ok,

Have you removed it and cleaned it out. It most likely has carbon deposits which are stopping it from openning and closing properly.

.
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 9:23 PM
JSCHMIT
I cleaned it with electrical cleaner
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 9:26 PM
OBXAUTOMEDIC
You cleaned the Plunger or the electrical connection.

Here is what you should have cleaned if you didn't and I would use Carb Cleaner and you may also need a small flat screw driver to get into it and scrape some the deposits off. The pic may not be the exact one on your vehicle.

https://www.2carpros.com/images/question_images/199292/original.jpg

Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 9:49 PM
JSCHMIT
It was the plunger I cleaned but I went to clean it again it looked pretty clean could the ohms be good and the plunger b wore out.
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 10:36 PM
OBXAUTOMEDIC
Did you notice any scratches in the bore or on the plunger. And did you move the plunger to make sure it was moving the full distance.

It is possible that the plunger and or bore has scratches and not working properly.

.
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 10:52 PM
JSCHMIT
I did not notice any scratchs and the plunger did move but felt like it had some drag
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 11:04 PM
JSCHMIT
I went to the parts store bought a new IAC installed it and it still dies
Wednesday, June 17th, 2009 AT 5:29 PM
OBXAUTOMEDIC
Hey, Sorry for delay in repsonding.

A common condition is to find the idle air bypass solenoid extended all the way out (closed). This usually means the engine has an air leak and the PCM is trying to bring the idle speed back down by closing the idle air bypass circuit.

Follow the link below for a video with diagnostic proceedure and pics. This is set up on my business webpage.

.
Saturday, June 20th, 2009 AT 10:03 AM