1999 Ford Explorer radio lights.

MARCELCLOUTIER
  • 1999 FORD EXPLORER
I have had this problem since shortly after purchasing this vehicle. The lights for my radio, clock, etc. Do not work. It would at one time come on after I had driven a long period, I wondered if it was a problem with the battery that would allow this to work once the car had been for a long drive? Any ideas.

I also have a request for a diagram of how the pieces for the over/drive switch should fit into the end of the stick shift as they got knocked off and I have all the parts but am not sure how to put them back in the end of the shift.
Tuesday, February 10th, 2009 AT 3:23 PM

Hi:
Some of the radios have a bulb that can be replaced, others you have to replace the face plate (not a cheap part). Remove the face plate to see if there is a bulb there.

As far as the shifter (od switch) I looked everywhere and can't find a picture for you. Sorry
Friday, February 13th, 2009 AT 10:27 PM

Sponsored links