1996 Ford Explorer brake fluid leak

NICKBEE07
  • 1996 FORD EXPLORER
Brakes problem
1996 Ford Explorer 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Yesterday I changed the brake pads out on my 96 ford explorer. In the process I removed the brake line on the driver side caliper. Needless to say fluid leaked around and out. Before getting to the point, I did put in new pads successfully. For the most part. I reattached the brake line and refilled the brake fluid that spilled out. I tested the brakes and noticed that I could push to the pedal all the way back, it was also not stopping at the response time I liked. I figured I would check it in the morning when it was light out. This morning, I noticed brake fluid was leaking all over the caliper and tire. What could have caused this?

when I reinstalled the brake cable to the caliper, it went bolt, washer, connector, caliper.
Friday, January 29th, 2010 AT 6:46 AM

Make sure you didn't cross thread the brake hose, recheck the bleeder, and check the both the rubber hose and the caliper for leaks.

Let me know what you find.

Friday, February 5th, 2010 AT 1:53 PM

Sponsored links