NEED MORE ANSWERS

1994 Ford Explorer

terripope

December, 21, 2008 AT 11:47 AM

1994 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 406962 miles

I bought this truck back in september. I have only a few problems with the truck since I bought the thing. I first had to replace the fuel pump to fix the gas reading. Last month the water pump quit. Replaced it plus the thermostat. Well after my old man put it on I drove it no over heating or nothing. We drove it for 2 days. I filled the tank up with gas
drove maybe 6 to 8 miles. Then it started spitting and sputtering and then engine died. I coasted to the side of the road. I tried to crank it nothing. My man thought it might be catlick converter. He cleaned it out. He punched holes in it cleaned the guts. Did he do that right or is there more? After he cleaned the converter it would turn over but would not fire. We need help he is used to working on older models not anything like newer models. We had it tow and for 3 weeks now it still has not crank. He ran the battery dead trying to crank it. Please give us a answer

legitimate007

December, 21, 2008 AT 12:03 PM

So it will crank just wont turn over, jump it, if you have too, but first you may need to check spark and fuel/fuel pressure regulator, I'll send some links that will show u how

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe