1992 Ford Explorer engine wont start

MATT67665
  • 1992 FORD EXPLORER
1992 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a explorer that won't start. I was driving about 25 miles and hr and it just stooped running. I tried to restart it but it won't run. When I got it home I checked for fire and there is no fire. So then I checked for fuel and there is no fuel pressure. The relay comes on but the pump don't run. It cranks fine. I replaced the ignition coil pack, crank sensor, and the computer that is in the passenger side kick panel. I still have no fire or fuel. I have checked every fuse. The mini and maxi fuses. I also checked the fuel shut off switch and its fine. What is the matter with this crazy clown car. I have been working on cars for 10 years and I have never had this issue.
Monday, January 11th, 2010 AT 6:28 PM

Check the computer wiring connectors for corrossion/tightness if okay test the EEC power relay this is involved with the fuel pump relay and coil to include the computer KAPWR
Monday, January 11th, 2010 AT 6:44 PM
MATT67665
Ok yes I did check the computer and the connections were clean when I put the new computer in. Where is the eec power relay? There is one relay that is next to the blower motor that runs the fuel pump and it clicks when I turn the switch on. Under the the maxi fuse panel there another panel that has relays in it. Is it one of them? This is so flustrateing
Monday, January 11th, 2010 AT 7:04 PM
MATT67665
Ok I have checked the connections and they seem to be ok. I checked that relay that you said and it is working its clicking when the keys turned on. I also unplugged the ignition coil pack module and checked for power and its getting power. I have changed the coil pack, crank sensor, computer inside the passenger kick panel and I have changed the little black computer box thats located in front of the battery looks to be a module. I cleaned the elctricaly plugs on the drivers side and the big one thats under the alternator. What have I missed? What is wrong
Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 AT 11:20 AM
Check and test the EEC power relay and the Fuel pump relay
Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 AT 1:01 PM
MATT67665
Ok I went out and bought a new eec relay and fuel pump relay and it still don't have fire or fuel. With regardes to the new stuff that I have all ready put on there
Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 AT 5:20 PM
Still no spark or fuel check the computer this is my last place to include the ignition switch
Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 AT 8:57 PM
MATT67665
Hey check this out. I found out that the maxi fuse was blown for the eec power relay. I replaced it and it blew again. I used a jumper wire and the fuel came on and it ran for 10 seconds and then it burned the wire into. What would make it have a short that bad that it would burn the jumper wire? I have traced them and can't see anything physical that would cause it to short out. With regards to the new things that I put on it
Tuesday, January 12th, 2010 AT 10:08 PM