LEAKING HEAD GASKET

1999 Ford Expedition

SenatorBuck

December, 11, 2007 AT 9:22 AM

Engine problem
1999 Ford Expedition V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 87131 miles

I brought the car into the dealer to get a recall notice fixed. Upon review of the car, he reported that the head gasket is leaking oil and is a fire hazard. Cost for replacing it is $2600.00.

Does this make sense? Is it common?

blacpantha1

July, 28, 2012 AT 7:34 AM

I have the same issue, just want to know if any seal will help my head gasket leak

Wrenchtech

July, 28, 2012 AT 10:06 AM

This question is 5 years old and makes no sense at all anyway. Please start a new question of your own with more detail.

blacpantha1

July, 28, 2012 AT 10:31 PM

While I understand that this was and old question, I still have the same issue. I took my truck to Midas for an inspection and they told me that my head gaskets were leaking in 2 place and that I'm leaking antifreeze and oil and that I have a whole lot of other things going on with my truck. My main issue is the head gasket issue, I've seen online that I can fix my leak with Steel Seal. It was just a little leak before I tried this other stop leak stuff that I put in my oil, now it's worst. What do you think can help?

Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra
TPS Sensor Step by Step Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Corolla
Air Filter Replacement