1998 Ford Expedition BRAKES

GEORGE GONZALEZ
  • 1998 FORD EXPEDITION
IM DRIVEING I STEP ON THE BRAKE PADEL IT IS SO SO SO HARD THAT I CANT STOP. SO I LET GO & STEP AGAIN & AGAIN THEN IT WORKS FINE BUT PULLS TO THE RITE. I DRIVE ABOUT 70 YDS THEN THE ABS LITE COMES ON & ALL IS WORKING FINE. ASLONG AS THE ABS LITE IS ON ALL WORKS FINE. BUT IF THE ABS LITE DOSE NOT COME ON I KNOW IT WILL DO IT AGAIN. WHEN I START THE CAR ALL THE TIME THE ABS LITE IS OFF. IF I DRIVE FOR ABOUT 70 YDS IF THE ABS LITE DONT COME ON I KNOW IT GOING TO DO IT AGAIN. I REPLACE ALL THE ABS SENSORS & CLEAN ALL OFF.
WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE HELP. GEORGE
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010 AT 7:04 PM

Two things. First, chances are you are loosing vacuum to the brake booster. Check the hose. If it is good, have the booster vacuum tested.

Next, it the ABS light has come on, have the computer scanned for trouble codes that will help identify where the problem is coming from. Most parts stores will do it for free.

Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.

Wednesday, March 10th, 2010 AT 8:45 AM