ACCELERATOR STICKING

1987 Ford E-Series Van

Robyn Davis

February, 7, 2008 AT 12:28 PM

Engine problem
1987 Ford E-Series Van Engine Size unknown Two Wheel Drive Automatic 58000 miles

I JUST HAD MY VAN SERVICED TWO DAYS AGO FOR NOT STARTING. THE WIRES COMING OUT OF THE ALTERNATOR WERE BURNT UP AND THE BATTERY CABLES WERE BAD AND THE SERPENTINE BELT WAS SHREDDED. THE MECHANIC SAID HE ALSO REPLACED THE AIR FILTER AND BLEW OUT THE THROTTLE BORE. THE VAN RAN GREAT FOR THE NEXT DAY AND A HALF. ON THE THIRD MORNING, IT STARTED GREAT AND RAN FINE AND THEN WHEN I GOT ONTO THE INTERSTATE TO GO TO WORK, THE ACCELERATOR STUCK AND I WAS GOING 80 MPH BEFORE I KNEW IT. I HAD TO RIDE MY BREAKS FOR 13 MILES UNTIL I KNEW I HAD TO EXIT THE HIGHWAY. IS THERE ANYTHING THE MECHANIC COULD'VE DONE TO CAUSE THIS TO HAPPEN?

ravensanctuary

August, 14, 2009 AT 6:50 PM

You can check the cable where it connects to the engine just before it goes to the throttle body. There is a little bracket on the cable that holds the cable in place it is sort of hard to get to and and is sort of right behind the power steering pump and sort of right iin next to the spark plug in the front of the engine. It comes off from time to time in my van ussually after a plug change

Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement