BRAKE PADS NOT FITTING ON ROTOR CO

1995 Ford Crown Victoria

goodbars

April, 8, 2010 AT 8:03 PM

Brakes problem
1995 Ford Crown Victoria V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I just put new brakes on my Crown Vic (in the process I had to replace the parking brakes shoes, which was NOT fun) but I can't remember where the anitrattle spring went. In other words, I don't know if it went above or below the mount that the pad sits on. The pads are not sitting where they should be and I don't know if the antirattle spring is misplaced or if I missed a step. I have done brakes plenty of times and this is the hardest time I have ever had. But, I do love Ford, so I can deal with it!

Front Disc Pads

Front Brake Pads

1 ANSWER

bluelightnin6

April, 8, 2010 AT 8:20 PM

Do you have rear rotors or rear drums? below is view of parking brake assembly..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_0900c152801e4e25_1.jpg

goodbars

April, 8, 2010 AT 8:28 PM

I have disc brakes on the back. Sorry, I should have clarified.

bluelightnin6

April, 8, 2010 AT 8:33 PM

Sorry bout that, the diagram above is of your vehicle's parking brake assembly, those are the parts you must be talking about. If just replacing rear pads there would be no springs ? Have you compressed the caliper's pistons to allow pads to fit?

goodbars

April, 8, 2010 AT 8:46 PM

I said antirattle spring, but that wasnt the right term, i dont think. the part im talking about is built into the brake pad itself. it comes off the pad and dips down. the point, i assume, is to hold the pad enough that it doesnt create a rattle. heres a picture of what i mean. i hope you can see that. the bottom 2 pads have the anitrattle thing im talking about. im not sure where to place that.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/514341_brake_2.jpg

bluelightnin6

April, 8, 2010 AT 9:08 PM

Thats just the clip to help secure it and it should slide over the brake caliper mount, similar to picture shown..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_1_154.jpg

goodbars

April, 8, 2010 AT 9:22 PM

Ok, thats how I have it. But as I said before, the pad isnt sitting correctly. Ill try it again tomorrow, I was already exhausted when I started to get it back together, so I proabably just need to get a look at it when im fresh. Thank you very much for your help!

WOOFER

July, 22, 2012 AT 9:25 PM

The service manual says that you have to remove the axle shafts to change the parking brake shoes on the 92-95 Crown Victoria. Is there any way to change the shoes without removing the axle shafts? My shoes are still okay but one of the retaining pins has disappeared. Cn the retaining pin be installed without removing the axle shafts? Thanks.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front