COMPRESSION FITTINGS ON BRAKE LINE

1992 Ford Crown Victoria

jlee1192

Brakes problem
1992 Ford Crown Victoria V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

My car had new brake lines installed from master cylinder to both rear brakes by a certified repair facility. After noticing the lines were still leaking I had another shop look at them. The second shop would not work on it because compression fittings had been used to connect the lines in the middle of the car. I was told this was illegal and I needed to contact original shop, which they said there is no such law and would do nothing for me, unless I had written proof of such law. Is this true, I live in Michigan, is there any where I can find proof of this law on-line? Any help with this matter would be greatly appriciated. My daughter and her safety is on the LINE! Thanks again.

flexy5

It is not so much a law as it is a regulated guideline set down by the Department of Transportation. The guideline states what fittings are proper for use on brake lines. I have seen compression fittings used with no negative affects, but I personally will not use them. Most States will not pass a vehicle through an inspection if it has a compression fitting on the brake line. My suggestion would be to check with your local DOT for clarifiction of proper fittings on brake lines. I hope this information helps you.

Dave

blackop555

YOUR IN LUCK, I live in michigan and there is no law like that, it is just a safety precaution, sounds to me like they dont want to mess around with your car! Take it to a different place to have them look at it.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
ABS Computer Replacement
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear