I NEED HELP PUTTING IN THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH ...

1999 Ford Crown Victoria

jeremilorenti1

March, 20, 2013 AT 3:28 PM

I need help putting in the Brake Light Switch which connects to the brake pedal.

I had to remove it for a valve cover gasket job, but now cannot figure out for the life of me how to get it back on!

I have attached a picture where I've marked where the brake booster attaches to the brake pedal, and where others have said the switch needs to go, but I can't figure out how.

Any way I put it, the button never gets depressed when I step on the brake pedal, which means no brake lights.

I have also attached a diagram I found, but cannot make sense of.

Please help!

hmac300

March, 20, 2013 AT 5:44 PM

I've attached apic, the hole in the switch goes on the pin there shold be something that the flat piece will ride on or be pushed on it may be that spring then there should be a clip that holds the switch on and connect the electrical to it. The arrow points the direction it faces booster. There may be a flat piece on boosterpin when pedal is pushed brake lights will come on.

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement