Well sir I will easy your mind it is a head gasket. Those cars are real bad about. If i'am not mistaken that is the duratech motor.
1. Pull the OIL dipstick look and see I it is milky on the end if so (strike one).
2. It set long enough that the water came from the head gasket down into the motor. Having antifreeze and water in the motor not good but when your cranking it over you put all threw the motor. Antifreeze is hard on engine bearings. (Strike two)
3. Best thing to do is take the cap off the radiator bottle and smell for gas if you smell gas feumes in there it is head gasket water in oil it is busted head or head gasket.
3. The main cause of all the problem is a ford poor design water pump it has a placti impler on it and it will come apart or the thermostat stuck shut. But iwould bet my 23 year rep that it is the water pump. (Strike three) it is out of there
4. Asnwer me this one question when you are faceing the engine do you see a pulley and belt to your on the back of the motor.
5. The las one of thoes I did it was about 650.00 dollars unless you have to replace the heads they are around 350.00 ea blank heads no valves. (NOS) i'll watch for this one.
Friday, September 15th, 2006 AT 8:35 PM