What do I need to have repaired on my car and how much should I expect to pay?

CORVII
  • 1998 FORD CONTOUR

The car stalls at every stop I make and whenever I turn a corner. It idles ok, a little shaky but when I try to accelerate, it stalls. I noticed that if I pump the accelerator fast, it helps a little. I tried putting it in Neutral while at a stop, to offset the stall to no avail. The engine starts up fine. Today, I took it to AutoZone got the codes: P1131, P0125, and P0102. How much damage am I looking at here? Thanks in advance.

Saturday, June 9th, 2012 AT 10:17 PM

ASEMASTER6371

Code numbers never identify bad parts, just failed systems.

The 102 looks to be the mass air flow area which would effect your concerns.

It could be a vacuum leak from the mass air flow to the throttle body or it could be a circuit issue with the mass air flow. It could also be the mass air flow but needs to be confirmed by someone with expierence with these repairs.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, June 9th, 2012 AT 10:19 PM

Dunno the cost due to it varies with location but try cleaning the MAF sensor with an electronic cleaner-do this 1st before you bring it in-

Saturday, June 9th, 2012 AT 10:27 PM

Related P0125 Questions

Help us by donating