WHAT DO I NEED TO HAVE REPAIRED ON MY CAR, AND HOW MUCH SHOULD I EXPECT TO PAY?

• Corvii
  • 1998 Ford Contour

The car stalls at every stop I make and whenever I turn a corner. It idles ok, a little shaky but when I try to accelerate, it stalls. I noticed that if I pump the accelerator fast, it helps a little. I tried putting it in Neutral while at a stop, to offset the stall to no avail. The engine starts up fine. Today, I took it to AutoZone got the codes: P1131, P0125, and P0102. How much damage am I looking at here? Thanks in advance.

Saturday, June 9th, 2012 AT 10:17 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Code numbers never identify bad parts, just failed systems.

The 102 looks to be the mass air flow area which would effect your concerns.

It could be a vacuum leak from the mass air flow to the throttle body or it could be a circuit issue with the mass air flow. It could also be the mass air flow but needs to be confirmed by someone with expierence with these repairs.

Saturday, June 9th, 2012 AT 10:19 PM
  • rasmataz

Dunno the cost due to it varies with location but try cleaning the MAF sensor with an electronic cleaner-do this 1st before you bring it in-

Saturday, June 9th, 2012 AT 10:27 PM