1. Disconnect the battery ground cable, then loosen the engine air cleaner tube clamps on air cleaner outlet tube.
2. Disconnect the crankcase ventilation hoses and the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve tube from the air cleaner outlet tube fitting.
3. Remove the air cleaner outlet tube from the Mass Air Flow Sensor and the throttle body.
4. Disconnect engine control sensor wiring connector from the mass air flow sensor and intake air temperature sensor.
5. Remove the engine air cleaner to body O-ring retainer.
6. Remove the air cleaner body and the engine air cleaner intake tube from the bracket and engine air cleaner intake tube and duct, as one piece.
7. Remove the fuel supply and return lines from fuel line support bracket on the accelerator cable bracket, then remove the fuel line support bracket.
8. Remove the gear selector and gear shift cable bracket from the transaxle.
9. Remove engine air cleaner bracket from the engine and transaxle support insulator.
10. Remove the B- and S-terminal wiring nuts from the starter solenoid. Remove the positive battery cable and S-terminal connector from the starter solenoid and position the connector and cable aside.
11. Remove the starter motor bolts from the top of the starter motor. Lifting the starter motor, disengage the alignment pins from the transaxle case and carefully remove the starter from the vehicle.
12. Reverse the procedure to install, noting the following:
a. Torque the starter motor bolts to 15-21 ft lb.
B. Torque the B-terminal nut to 6.7-10.3 ft lbs., Then S-terminal nut to 45-62 in lbs.
C. Torque the engine air cleaner bracket to engine bolts and transaxle support insulator bolts to 15-22 ft lbs.
D. Torque the engine air cleaner tube clamps to 24-48 in lb.
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010 AT 1:16 AM